Tuesday, July 12, 2011

THE SCENE OF THE CRIME

Can't remember if I told you about our trip to a kid's clothing store the other day. It was a consignment store and they were having a sale. Julie, Carly and Jono were with me so I thought we would make a quick stop and look at what was on sale. Unfortunately, I forgot they had toys in there, too. We were handling the kids pretty well until they found this set of rocking horses. They were for sale and they didn't really want kids riding them. There was a sign in the toy area not to leave your children unattended. Julie and I were trying hard to watch them and when they got on these we immediately started trying to get them off. NO GO. They started throwing fits. It was easier to let them ride for a minute than to fight. When we insisted and tried pulling them off, Carly got off, but Jono held on so tight we ended up lifting the rocking horse in the air with him. We finally peeled him off and Julie headed for the car with the kids and I headed for the cash register to pay for the clothes I'd picked up.

It's going to be quite some time before these two kiddos get to go bye-bye again. What a day! Yikes!




No comments: