Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I HATE IT WHEN . . .

the toddler gets smarter than you. I took the little ones downstairs tonight to play in the family room. We bought them some jump balls. You know, the big balls you can sit on that have a handle to hold onto and you bounce on them. They weren't called that when I was a kid but they were fun. Anyway, Carly asked if I could put a movie on for her to watch while she played. Sure, why not.

Okay, so I've never been very adept with electronic or technical things. Basically, if it has a plug you'd better ask someone else for help. But, over the years I have learned to handle a TV remote or two. I turned the T.V. on for her and, of course, it can't be simple. Someone had been playing a game or watching a DVD and didn't turn it back to the T.V. channel when they finished, so it wasn't on the right screen or setting. Now I've had to fuss with three blankety-blank remotes to try to figure out how to get it back to the T.V. screen. I punch all the buttons I think I am supposed to but it doesn't move. Crud. No luck. Gah!

Carly asks me what's wrong. I tell her I am working on it. I try again. Nothing is working. She asks again for cartoons. I tell her I'm trying. She looks quizzically at the T.V. and then the remotes and then she says, "Mom, you've got to turn on the Satellite." Didn't this child just barely start speaking in full sentences? I mean, really? Give me a break! Lol!

No comments: