Friday, September 25, 2009

IN ALL THE EXCITEMENT

Over Jonathon turning one month old I forgot to mention that Carly said a new sentence yesterday--right out of the blue. She is so funny and she understands a ton more than she lets on.

We were driving last night to look at a toddler bed for her and out of no where she says "I want to eat." We couldn't believe our ears. It was true,she was probably hungry but she only says two sentences and has for a few months now. Those are "I see you" and "I love you." Most of the time you can't get her to say the latter one. She has lots of single words and she has a whole language of gibberish only she understands but she hasn't even tried to say any other sentences. That is until I guess we let her get a little too hungry.

Anyway, after we got over the shock of her having spoken something understandable, I told her we were going to get something to eat as soon as we looked at the bed. She looked at me again and said louder, "I want something to eat!" "Okay, Okay, we are going to get you something. Hold your horses." So we hurried and got the bed and some food and made her a happy camper.

I'll tell you what--this little girl knows what's going on. Wonder if she's ever gonna let us in on it or if she's just gonna reel us in one sentence at a time?

No comments: