Friday, August 7, 2009

NO, GIVE ME A BITE, PLEASE!

Today I have been trying to teach Carly to say "yes". She has learned "no" really well. She even says it when she means "yes". I know most little kids do that and she is no different but I thought it would be good if she could learn "yes" early on. However, she is not very interested at least not as interested as I hoped. She seems to think it is fine if mommy keeps deciphering when she means yes and when she means no. I guess that is O.K. for the time being. I have to admit it is fairly easy.

This afternoon Carly and I went out to pick green beans, well, I picked green beans, Carly picked green tomatoes. Yikes! Trust me--they are not good fried--no matter what Southerners say! My mother decided we would try them one summer and had about as much success with them as she did with liver at our house. I'm pretty sure even she didn't like them. I did put them in a paper bag to see if they would ripen. Rob doesn't think they will but if you believe the stuff people send on the Internet, anything you put in a paper bag will ripen, won't it?

Hmmm. Guess we'll see.

No comments: