Thursday, November 19, 2015

THE PLEDGE VERSION 2.0

Jonathon was wandering the kitchen while I was getting dinner together last night and he kept trying to recite The Pledge of Allegiance. They say it everyday at school as a class and he has it mostly memorized. He was mixing up a couple of verses and he had run a couple of words together in his mind but overall he had learned it pretty well. He did it over and over and I was helping him a little until he had it almost perfect. So he went through it one more time and it went like this.

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
And to the Republic for which it stands
One Nation under God, Indivisible,
And Everything, And a heart full of God

I really like his version--I'm keeping it for posterity. Plus, I think our country could use a little more of God in our hearts right now. Maybe we could add that verse in somewhere--lol. It's so cute the way kids hear and remember things. I think Jono got the gist anyway. Sure love my cute little guy!

No comments: