Tuesday, November 17, 2015

HEAVEN HAS ANOTHER ANGEL

This morning I got a message that one of my oldest and dearest friends passed away. She and I have been friends for almost 28 years and have been through so much together. She is in her eighties and hasn't been well lately but for some reason, I still wasn't prepared for the news. I'd been to see her just before we left on our trip to CA and talked to her on the phone, too. I just wasn't expecting her to die. I am so sad. She truly was one of my best and most loyal friends.

One of the last things I told her when I saw her was not to go anywhere. Obviously, she had other plans. She lost her husband a couple of years ago and I know she really missed him. She was ready to go--but darn it, I wasn't ready for her to go. Thus, my caution to her. This should be easier when we know people are prepared to go, but it still isn't. I am going to miss her too much. She really was a light and joy in my life. She was someone I love so dearly and laughed with until we cried at times. Everyone should have a friend like her. I miss you already Venice. I love you.

Carly with Venice and the blanket she made for her

Venice holding Carly at Carly's sealing

Dick and Venice with Carly

Venice with Jono, me and Carly

Venice and me on our last visit

No comments: