Friday, November 6, 2015

DENIAL -- MORE THAN A RIVER IN EGYPT

I was shopping the other day and when I got to the cash register to pay the clerk asked for my ID. After I handed it to her, she looked at it and asked if I was fifty-five. I immediately said "no" and then realized I was wrong! Holy Crap! I told her I was and she gave me a Senior Citizen discount. I didn't know whether to be insulted, depressed, or delighted with my 30% off!

Actually, I probably should have been worried that I didn't remember my own age! Lol! And what reminded me was I'd had this discussion with Rob a few weeks before. Our birthdays are within a month of each other and I was telling him we were fifty-four this year, not fifty-five. Now, it's not hard to do the math--even if you're bad with math - (which I am. Lol.) We were born in a year that ends with a zero. I guess I was in denial.

Rob's been saying for years we were going to hit a point where we would walk into a restaurant and be eligible for the Senior Citizens discount and Carly and Jono would be eligible for the "Kids ten and under eat for free" discount. Well, we just got there!

No comments: