Thursday, November 27, 2014

SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR . . .

We had a houseful today. It was the good kind of houseful. Family. Our kids, my sisters with their families and, of course, my parents. Mom and I baked all day yesterday and part of this morning. My sisters both brought their goodies and my niece Caitlin made a yummy blueberry pie. I can't forget to mention that my hubby baked the turkey. He always does our turkey and it's always so perfectly moist and tender. Well, enough about food. It was just so great to have so many of us together. We were missing our daughter Sara and her husband and our oldest Katie. Other than that everyone was here.

I think we managed to tire Grandpa out pretty quickly but he stayed upstairs till the bitter end. Sarah and Grandma helped him back downstairs as Sarah and her family were leaving. He rested for a few hours and I checked on him just before starting to write this and he was sitting up watching TV and looking and feeling much better.

Our daughter Julie came up last night and spent the night but had to be back home this afternoon so she could work her retail job for Black Friday. :( We were grateful to have any time at all with her today and even more grateful that Susan and Russ could give her a ride back.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is here and almost gone already. This year has gone by so quickly. My little kids are growing up so fast. There are so many things I am grateful for but family is one of the biggest. I am so blessed to have a loving husband and kids I love so much. I am also grateful for my parents and siblings. I'm grateful to have been born in this wonderful land of freedom and plenty that we all too often take for granted. And I'm grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ--for my Heavenly Father and my Savior. There are many other things I'm grateful for but those are the most important.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We sure did!

No comments: