Tuesday, November 4, 2014

MY JULIE ANN

I am so proud of my sweet daughter Julie! For the last 5 days she has been in Kentucky working her heart out for team McConnell. It's not so much that we were huge McConnell fans, though I am now since he provided my daughter with such a terrific experience these last few days.

Julie is a Political Science major and was offered an internship to work on Senator McConnell's campaign during the days running up to the election. She has spent these days working the ground game for him along with other college students from around the country. It's been a fantastic experience for her and she met lots of new friends and even a few of the senators. See the proof below.

I guess one of the things I really love about how much she loves her major and how much she loved being a part of this campaign--is that it's one of the few things she got from me. I couldn't give her the DNA she carries or so many of her early memories--but there are little ways this little girl -- okay big girl is mine too. Her mom and I truly share her. But it makes my heart smile when I can see just a tiny bit of me in her. I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART JULIE ANN~YOU DID FANTASTIC WORK!!

Julie with the new Senate Majority Leader
(I'm sure he owes it all to her--Lol!)

And here she is with Rand Paul. He just kept stalking her until she'd take a photo with her. (kidding)


Jules with Rob Portman

 

No comments: