Saturday, November 15, 2014

DO YOU REMEMBER THE FIRST PAYCHECK YOU EVER GOT?

Do you remember how excited you were to get paid and to see all those dollars add up? Do you remember being surprised by how many of your dollars disappeared to taxes and Social Security before they even made it to your check? Yah, me too. It was pretty frustrating. Okay, frustrating is a nice word. Maddening is probably the better word.

My little girl has had a couple of opportunities now to do some movie work. This last one she got paid $100 for and she was excitedly waiting for the check to come. Well, it came in the mail today and she was struggling to get it open. She asked me to help her, so I did. When I got it open I showed it to her. It was for $90.81. I was surprised ~ and I said, "Oh, I didn't realize they would take taxes out of your check sweetie. That's interesting." She grabbed it and looked at it and immediately the meltdown began. I mean--the full melt down. You know--the melt down WE ALL WANT TO HAVE every time we see how many federal, state and Social Security taxes are taken from our checks!

I had a hard time not busting a gut that my 6 year old was so upset about it! She doesn't even need $100.00 let alone understand how much it is--but she was so genuinely upset they took her money! Her "mad" went on for several minutes!


She finally started to feel a bit better when Grandma mentioned that maybe when daddy filed her taxes she would get all of her money back. Lol. I'm pretty sure all is well now--as long as she gets a tax return! Hahaha! (p.s. I'm not telling her over half of what they took out went to Social Security and she won't be getting that back. I suggest you don't either! Lol!)

I just wanna kiss those tears away!

Sure love this sad little face!



 

No comments: