Tuesday, April 29, 2014

NEW FRIENDS

Grandma and Grandpa got out today to get Grandpa a haircut. He has a favorite barber he goes to and I think Grandpa was glad to just get out of the house for a bit. He even stayed upstairs for awhile this evening.

The kids both had school today and it was a pretty day out but a cold one. Jono kept wanting to play outside after school but I didn't let him because I didn't want him to get sick. Yesterday we had snow flurries so I guess it's no surprise that it's still so chilly out. I managed to keep him interested in a new learning computer game and then some friends came over to play so at least it wasn't an all day fight.

Then later he and Carly had gymnastics. A really cool thing happened. Two little black girls about Carly's age had signed up and were in Carly's class. I saw Carly's face light up when she walked in and saw them. Afterward when I picked her up she came running up to me and told me she'd made a new friend and I needed to get her phone number so they could have a play date. It turned out one of the girls was her same age and the other was a couple years older. So, when their mom came I got their number and she's really excited to play with them. I just loved seeing her face light up! So fun!



No comments: