Tuesday, June 24, 2014

JULIE'S VISIT

We had a special treat yesterday and today. Our daughter Julie came home for an overnight visit. She came up on the train. I didn't tell the little ones she was coming so it would be a surprise for them. Carly was off on a play date. It was just me and Jono who went to pick her up but I didn't tell him where we were going. Sometimes when we drive by the train station he asks if we can stop there and pick Julie up. I try to explain that she isn't there but he doesn't really understand. I guess it doesn't make much since to him since that's where we left her last time she was here. We should be able to just go back to the train station and get her, right? Lol.

Anyway, as we left the house to go get her I just told him we needed to run an errand but as I started driving out of the blue he said, "Mommy, are we going to get Julie?" I answered him with a question. "What made you ask that?" He just kept pressing. "Can we?' I asked him if he really wanted to and he did. So, I told him if he wished really hard and crossed his fingers and toes and said "Julie, be at the train station" over and over that we could drive by and see if she was there. (I know, I'm terrible and he's gullible.) He's four and it was adorable. We both crossed our fingers and wished Julie here! HE LOVED IT!

Next we went to pick Carly up from her play date. I went to the door and told her I had a surprise in the van for her. She asked me what it was and I told her I couldn't tell her but it was really big. She said, "Is it a bike?" Lol! Uh oh! Hahaha! Nope, no bike--but the reaction was just as good. These kiddos love their big sis! They were so excited to see her. When she left today they went into about an hour of mourning. Jono came in and sang a song for me he made up about missing Julie. It was so cute I had him record it and I texted it to her. Not to be outdone, Carly made up her own song and I had to record hers and text it to Julie, too. Funny kids.

I have to admit we were all pretty glad to see her.  Even Daddy came home early to spend time with her. We really miss having her around. Love you Jules!

Julie and Carly
Jono with Julie
Big Sis with the Munchkins

No comments: