Saturday, January 3, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Wow, I'm a little slow on the uptake. I just realized I hadn't even thought to say Happy New Year! Of course, we celebrated it like every other old married couple I know . . . in bed by 10:30 p.m. give or take a few minutes. We did let Julie stay up until midnight but we sure weren't interested in seeing any dumb old ball drop. I just wanted my eye lids to drop.

In that sense, I think I was born old. Ask my mom if you don't believe me. I used to fall asleep anywhere we were--sometimes mid-sentence--in a corner, behind a chair, in a big old dark, scary courthouse. (Not that my family would ever go home and leave me there asleep alone there or anything! Ye gads!) At least they remembered me and got back there before I woke up and realized it!

Well anyway, here's to a terrific New Year to all!

No comments: