Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Carly With A Real Treasure

I've been meaning to take this picture and post it for awhile now. This is a very special treasure Carly is holding. It's a wooden soldier painted especially for her. Each of my girls have one. The treasure part (that they may never fully understand--although, I will do my best to help them ) is that it was painted by a wonderful, captivating, lovely and whimsical artist who is a dear family friend. Her name is Joyce L. I have known her since I was a little girl. My parents went to school with her and she has remained one of their close friends.

My childhood is filled with the most magical memories of our town square decorated for Christmas and I can still see all the windows of the stores painted brightly with scenes of Christmas stories from Frosty the Snowman to Rudolf the Rednose Reindeer. Joyce brought our entire town joy and made it come alive in the most whimsical, wonderful way. She now does these wonderful wooden pieces in almost any form you can imagine that bring a smile to your heart. Thank you JOYCE for such beautiful memories, for making my childhood seem so magical and for just being you. Carly thanks you, too for her terrific wooden soldier. What a treasure!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That definitely is a treasure! Ok both of them are. When am I going to get to meet Carly in person? She is too cute.