Tuesday, September 23, 2008

BOY TROUBLES

Julie has officially discovered boys! Crap! I mean she's had crushes and things all along but tonight I uncovered a secret (although somewhat innocent) plot for her and a friend to meet up with a couple of boys at a volleyball game. It all came tumbling out when Julie got grounded from going to the game for not getting an assignment done on time--and was trying to negotiate any possible way to still be able to go.

Lions and tigers and bears -- OH MY . . . I don't know. I thought I still had a year or two before I had to deal with this stuff with her. We don't let our girls date until they are 16 and then only with a group. Ye-gads . . . this one just smacked me in the face. Well, we had a long talk and I think for the moment things are calm but I have to keep my eyes open my ears tuned to my daughters voice. I'm going to have to be a darn good listener if I'm going to keep up with this teenager!

No comments: