Thursday, January 14, 2016

BOTTOMS UP!

It's been a busy, kind of frustrating week. Rob had an accident while taking Carly to school Tuesday. Everyone was OK--but there was quite a bit of damage to the cars. We are focusing on the "everyone is OK" part, though and are very grateful for that.

We had our first bit of snow in a few weeks today. It was pretty light and we cleared it easily in about a half an hour. Jono did the front sidewalk all by himself. He is becoming such a little gentleman and a hard worker (when he wants to be.) He even went out and started without me. I was pretty proud of him.

I have been prepping since yesterday for a colonoscopy I'm having in the morning. If you've ever had one, you know how much fun the prep is! Hint: It's NOT! Anyway, I haven't been able to eat anything solid since Wednesday night. I told the kids yesterday I was having a procedure on Friday and wouldn't be able to eat for a couple days. So after school today Carly asked me for more details. I gave them to her and didn't pull any punches. I told her exactly what a colonoscopy was. She was no't impressed.

Of course, she moved right on to the next question which is always the same. "Mom, can I have friends over?" I told her again what I was prepping for and exactly why that would make me uncomfortable tonight. She then gave me the youth version of "TMI or too much information". "Mom! That's a terrible explanation! Stop! Don't say that again! You need to go back to explaining school!" Hahaha! I guess she doesn't like getting the straight poop! Next time I'll generalize! Lesson learned! Lol!

No comments: