Tuesday, July 28, 2009

WEEDING THE GARDEN

I've been needing to weed the garden for a week or more. I've been putting it off because the temperatures have been over 100 for that whole time. Tonight I finally went out around 8:00 p.m. and spent an hour on the weeds. Carly went with me and tried to be helpful. She watched what I was doing (pulling weeds out of the ground) and started doing the same thing. We only have two flowers currently ready to bloom and of course Carly honed in on those two and started tearing off those blooms. I caught her before she got the last bloom off my pretty lily that was about to bloom but she went back to it two different times and almost got it those times, too. Good thing I'm quick! She had the right idea--just the wrong plant!

She really liked playing in the garden, er, dirt! We had to throw her in the tub when we came inside. But she was a happy, dirt-y baby!

No comments: