Friday, July 17, 2009

EATING FROM THE GARDEN--YUMMY!

This is the first year I have ever had a vegetable garden and I love it! For dinner tonight Julie and I picked zucchini and banana squash, swiss chard and lettuce. The tomatoes and peppers, green beens and beets aren't quite ready yet. But we took what was ready and made a lovely dinner with them.

I made spaghetti sauce with zucchini and banana squash instead of meat and it was really good. I also steamed some of them just to eat as well. I boiled the swiss chard (it tastes like spinach) and then you serve it with vinegar or butter. We made a great salad with the leaf lettuce we grew. It was just really fun to eat from our own garden.

I was going through pictures from our trip today and found a cute one of Julie and Carly. I'm in it too, trying to hold Carly on the Carousel. We stopped to eat and let the girls have a walking break on our drive home. We were at a mall and inside they had this fun carousel. Carly was so excited to get on it--but once it started moving it was all I could do to keep her on the saddle.

No comments: