Friday, February 13, 2009

The Case of the Missing Pan

So I have this really nice set of Cookware that my parents gave me for my wedding and for about a month I've noticed I've been missing one of the pans. But it's one of those things that's kind of in the back of your mind. Everytime I go to use that pan I can't find it--at least it's not in the cabinet where it's supposed to be and I check a couple of other cabinets but then I figure, "Well, maybe it's in the dishwasher or the refrigerator" and I stop looking and use something else. Well, I started looking for it while I was cooking again tonight and I got darned determined but I couldn't find it. I asked everyone in the house and of course, "no one" that pesky beast, had seen it or hadn't seen it as the case may be. I had everyone looking and I was just about in tears. I was really frustrated--going out of my mind thinking who could've walked off with it. I knew I didn't loan it to anyone.

Finally, when I am at my top frustration, my 15 year old says well, let me go downstairs and check. I told her there was no need to do that. It would not be down there. She insisted she should go look. I asked her "why?" She said that maybe she had accidentally taken it down there when she was doing dishes one time and she was tired. I thought that was a ridiculous idea but she said just let me check since we have looked everywhere else. I didn't put any stock in the idea.

However, within about five minutes and much to my surprise she came walking up the stairs with my very valuable pan! So, I, of course had to ask, "Where did you find it? She says, (with her head bowed and her eyes down) "in my bedroom under my desk." "WHAT?! WHY?!" (In my not so subtle tone.) "I don't know." I pushed for an answer. She didn't have one. The only thing she could come up with was that she had been overtired. No, she is not a blonde--though once in a while we wonder. I love you, Julie.

No comments: