Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Singing Child . . .

Julie tried out for the mini-musical in her junior high choir group puts on and she finds out tomorrow after school what part she got. She really wants the lead role. She has a really good voice and even had voice lessons last year. I don't know who she is competing with or how many other girls her age have really good voices. I'm just worried for her that she may not get the lead and will be disappointed. Not that it's not okay to have some disappointments in childhood but it would be nice to see her get to do something she really wants to do, too. Either way, I'm sure she will be fine. She is my happy kid so I'm pretty sure she will bounce back if she doesn't get the lead. I just hope she gets a part where she gets to sing a lot. That will make her happy!

No comments: