Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'M NOT THAT OLD

Today I took the cradle down Carly has been sleeping in. We are moving her to her own room tonight which I'm not sure I'm ready for. Although, we have already tested the baby monitor and it works great. I'm just the nervous Nellie mom!

Anyway, I was polishing the cradle which is the same one I slept in as a baby and my father slept in as a baby. I'm pretty sure my grandfather and great-grandfather slept in it as well. It's a family heirloom. My fourteen year old, Julie, walked in as I was polishing it and as I happened to find some purple crayon marks on one end of it and was trying to remove them. I remarked that I'm sure my younger sister Sarah had probably put them there! Then I admitted that it could have even been me that marked up the end with the crayon. Julie just looked at me and said, "Did they have crayons back then, Mom?" I didn't dignify it with an answer! Honestly, I'm not that old!

1 comment:

Cheraee said...

You have taken to motherhood so well! And you are right, you are not that old--although it seems to me that you have a birthday this month. Take care, Char