Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Feet in the Back

Sometimes we let the dogs sleep on our king-sized bed with us. Well, actually only one of them usually stays up on the bed after the lights are out. That would be Tashie (short for Natasha)-she's the black one. She loves her mommy. She follows me everywhere. I don't know why but there is something comforting about having her at my feet or along my side. There just is.

My husband and I both hate the dog hair, though--but then, that's a whole other blog. The other thing my husband can't stand is not having enough space. He's 6'5 with a bullet. In other words the bed is just barely long enough to accomodate his Guiness Book body. So, the other day he said to me-- and not as a question or even a discussion item mind you "Listen, the dogs can come up on the bed to say goodnight and get their treat but then they have to get off when we're ready to sleep for the night. Lately, when Tashie sleeps on your feet at night and you don't have enough room you've been putting your feet in my back and then I have to move over so far I almost fall off the bed." Fine. I can do that. And I have been doing that. It's just been the two of us in bed at night--me and hubby. Tashie and I have both been handling it very maturely.

But then today. Hubby and I laid down for a late afternoon nap. It was great. Tashie jumped up and laid at my feet and I was ready to slumber when all of the sudden hubby barked the command to Tashie to get down. I whimpered. Tashie obeyed. Hubby looked at me and said. "It's Tashie or me?" I was silent for several seconds. Hubby stared at me. "What?", I asked. "I'm thinking!"

No comments: